Tuesday, December 30, 2008

California Christmas!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Ours was awesome! Justin, Oakley and I drove out to  Sacramento the Friday before Christmas to spend a few days with my family before Jus and I headed to Sonora to spend Christmas with  his family. The car was packed to the ceiling and five hours was added to the drive because we hit a huge snow storm on the way out of Salt Lake! I thought we might not make it home with Justins driving frustration and Oakley dying, squished in the back seat. But we made it and it was so nice to finally be home and relax. We watched movies and did a giant puzzle, sang in my sisters ward and ate, ate, ate! We left for Sonora late Monday night. It was weird to be somewhere else for the holidays but we had a great time. My family came down on Christmas eve and we all had dinner together. Its such a blessing that our families live just two hours away from each other. Christmas morning we opened presents and had Disneyland waffles (ice cream on top). Justin got me some recording gear to add to the studio at home and also a bread maker!  We spent Friday and Saturday visiting San Francisco and Yosemite. San Fran had more people shopping than I thought even existed in this world! Id was fun though. and Yosemite was beautiful with all the snow. We stopped back by my parents house on our way back to Utah to see what Santa left us there and to have breakfast. We also did our traditional raffle we do every year. It was hard to leave! This time we stuffed Jordan in the back seat instead of Oak. Justin taught me how to drive his car (stick shift)and I drove the whole way back. We had a blast. I wish Christmas lasted a little longer this year!

Justin, Oak, Summer and Carlos working on the puzzle
Daddy and Mommy
Clarks
 Smiths


No comments: