Monday, February 13, 2012

Paisley Aleta Smith

She's here! Three months ago actually. I've been so terrible about blogging and I feel terrible. There are so many things our sweet little Beck has done to make us laugh and I don't have any of them recorded! Time to catch up. But first, I'll introduce our new sweet little bundle. She is perfect.

Paisley Aleta Smith | 11-02-11 | 7lbs 15oz | 20 inces long

I went into labor the evening of November 1st, four days early. I started having contractions around 4pm and called Justin to hurry home from work. Luckily my parents were in town so we didn't have to scramble to find someone to come watch Beck. He loves playing with his Glama and Papa Rock. We finished packing up and I made sure to smother Beck with all the kisses I could while I had Justin lowered the mattress in Beck's crib (I noticed the day before that he was trying to climb out and I didn't want him breaking any bones and meeting us as the hospital). After we loaded up and in the truck, Justin, my mom and I headed a mile down the road to Alta View Hospital where we checked in and waited to be admitted. I was dilated to a 5 so I was staying. The nurse had a really hard time putting in my iv and after poking me a million times she finally called the anethesiologist who was able to get me hooked up so I could get settled in my bed. I had the epidural and got comfy while Justin called his family to let them know little girl was on her way. The rest of my family came to see how I was doing and Beck was happy playing at home with Doug and Maddy's roommate Erica letting my parents sneak away for a bit. I wasn't progressing very quickly so we sent everyone home to get some sleep. Around 2am the nurse checked me and I was finally dilated to a 9. She told me to sit tight and that she'd be back in 20 minutes to check again to see if it was time to get the doctor in. When she came back she checked me out and quickly closed my knees together telling me not to move, that the baby was on her way out. I thought the baby probably was because I was starting to feel a lot pressure. I was right! The nurse rushed out to call the doctor and Justin called my parents. Beck was the first babyborn on my side and my whole family was in the room during his birth which I loved. I'm sure it's weird to most people but I love the cheering and crying and excitement going on around me. Having Justin by my side and holding my hand while hearing everyones excitement keeps me distracted from the thought of anything possibly going wrong. Because Paisley was born in the middle of the night we had to call everyone and tell them to hurry and get dressed! I pushed for two hours with Beck but Paisley was ready to meet everyone and from the first push to the last, she took a whopping 10 minutes! It was great but only my dad (who stood behind me getting the PG view), and Summer made it in time. Oakley showed up as they were weighing Paisley and my mom stayed home with Beck. Maddy was to far to get there in time so we told her to just wait and come in the morning. Still it was great to have the phone calls and support. Justin's family were great from afar and were able to meet her a couple of weeks later. Beck came to meet his new little sister the next morning. He was more excited about all the buttons to push on my bed and being in a new room than he was about the baby haha. He wasn't very interested in her for the first couple of weeks but then one day it was like a switch clicked in his little mind and he realized that she's here to stay. He loves giving her kisses and sharing toys with her (piling them on her lap in her swing), shushing me when she's sleeping and tickling her. He loves her and I pray they will be best friends. When I found out I was pregnant with Paisley, just after Beck turned seven months, I was scared to death! But it really seems like it was meant to be and that Heavenly Father knew we were ready for her. She was born with a head full of dark hair, chubby cheeks with a dimple on one side, healthy and happy and loves to constantly snuggle. She is very alert with big wide bright eyes and smiles all the time. Thank you to all the help from my wonderful HUSBAND, family and friends during my pregnancy and after with the meals and babysitting offers. We love you all. 


















4 comments:

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Oh, I just love Her! It was so great to read this post. Such an exciting day for me to have my first niece and a new cousin for my boys. Love you! Loved all the pictures!

Molly said...

Congratulations! How exciting! She is so cute! I hope having 2 this close is easier for you than it has been for me. ;-) Haa haa! It's so fun for them to be so close in age, though. They are inseperable!

Whitney said...

Your baby is beautiful! She's a lucky little girl :)

Mimi said...

Paisley is so beautiful and SO ARE YOU! Good work. That's awesome that Beck loves her so much already. And I can't get over that cute pearl bracelet! I need a girl, and when I get one, she will have a pearl bracelet too. So precious!