Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More Summer Fun!

We have taken lots of trips this summer. In June we were in California for my sisters wedding. She was a beautiful bride and Scott was beaming. The wedding was beautiful and the reception lots of fun. We love Scott and his family and are excited Oak has someone amazing to take care of her.  After the two left for their honeymoon, the rest of my family and my cousin's family took a little trip to Monterey Bay and San Francisco. We went to the Monterey Aquarium, Cannery row, Fishermans Wharf, China town, Ghirardelli Square and rode the Trolly through the city. We had so much fun. The only rough part of the trip was that Justin and I were both on standby flights and missed flights here and there. It took us forever to get to Cali and Justin had to stay a night in Southern Cal on his way back. I stayed an extra 5 days and had a very relaxing time hanging out at my parents pool and visiting with friends. I woke up every morning to help my mom water plants in the back yard which I loved. I cant wait to have a yard!

I don't have pictures from the wedding yet but I love this picture of them.
Monterey Bay 
My cousins, Sadie and Cassey
Maddy posing in a giant Penguin egg...
San Francisco. On our way to China town!
Fortune Cookies being made...

I took a couple trips of my own this summer as well. My sister Summer and I went to visit our cousin in Idaho to see his new baby. It was a quick trip but worth seeing baby Christian and visiting with family. A couple weeks ago I left Justin alone again to help my friend Katie sit for some friends of hers in St. Goerge. It was SOOO hot. Luckily they had a pool so we spent most the week swimming and playing with kids. The youngest one was only 5 months so I loved it. 

Clark, Rachael and baby Christian after his blessing.
The two youngest Schone kids in St George. I wasnt very good about taking pictures while we were there...

This past weekend we went to Vegas!!! Justin has never been there and the last time I was there was a few years ago. Our good friends Mark and Katie had a time share there are invited us to come. We had so much fun. We swam a lot during the day and hung out on the strip once the sun started going down.
 
All four of us about to watch the water show. It's a little dark...
We went to Siegfried and Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat where we saw dolphins and tigers. 
Hanging out on the crazy strip

3 comments:

Mimi said...

What a fun summer! I'm jealous that you got to see Clark's little baby. I haven't seen him and Rachel since they were engaged!

Cindy and Rob said...

Hey Christiana, Looks like you are having a great summer. Clarks baby is so cute. And your trip to Vegas looked like a blast.

Christine said...

More photos!!!! So fun. Vegas looks like lots of fun. Cody has never been there either, maybe we will have to go. Wow, you were way busy this summer. Provo might seem a little boring to both of us after the things we have done this summer. I guess we will have to be entertained by my kids.