Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last couple weeks

We have had a crazy couple of weeks!!!  My cousin Amy got married this past week so we had family in town and of course had lots of partying to do. My mom flew in for the wedding and stayed a few extra days so I got to spend some time with her. We had a fun time just hanging out. My cousin Estef (Amy's sister-in-law) had her baby and little Nico is healthy and beautiful, arriving during all the wedding craziness!
Amy and Mark just married!
Reception night
Family dinner, fun with the cousins!
Little Nico. I need me one of these...

The week before the wedding, my great grandma passed away so my Dad flew in for the funeral and even though his visit wasn't for fun, we loved spending time with him. The funeral was very nice and my great grandpa is still hanging on at 109! During that same weekend our clutch went out and to avoid paying hundreds to take it to a shop, Justin spent two full days, sun up to sun down, working on it himself down in our parking garage. What a man. He fixed it with the help of his brother and a couple of friends saving us lots of dough! Both nights coming in looking like he fell down a chimney! He was so dirty. 


Last week was also our one year anniversary but because of everything going on we really didn't get a chance to celebrate so we went out and celebrated yesterday instead. We had some of our wedding pictures printed and then headed up to Salt Lake where we had dinner at Cucina Toscana up in Salt lake. The same place we ate the night Justin proposed. Then we went to the gateway mall and Justin bought me a new phone. Doesn't sound super exciting but it was still a fun and special day. Dinner was especially nice. I love you babe!

This week is going to be just as busy and exciting! Justin's youngest brother is leaving for his mission in Paraguay. Both mom and dad Smith are driving him out here tomorrow so we will have a couple days to spend with them before Cameron is dropped off at the missionary training center. We are so excited for him! I didn't have any brothers to send off on a mission so I'm excited I get a chance to experience it. 


2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your great grandma. It sounds like you have been very busy but having a lot of fun! Let's try to get together this week.

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Oh my gosh! I've never seen anyone so dirty!! What a guy Justin is! I'm glad he was able to fix your car! What a project that must have been. YES, get yourself a baby!! I'm starting on round two August 2010. That will give you a good year to adjust to the idea and get busy! :)