Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentines Day

I was one spoiled girl this year! Justin really went all out in making Valentines day perfect. I wasn't thinking we were going to do anything because he had bought us the ultimate gift a few days early... a new bed! Our old one was in bad shape and with me having a terrible back and being pregnant it was time to upgrade. We are now happy owners of an Inteligel king size bed. It is wonderful.


We were lucky to have Justin's Brother Brandon with his wife Jamie and baby Easton stay with us Valentines day weekend while they were here for Jamie's bothers wedding.We had so much fun with them and loved seeing Easton again! He's the cutest. Unfortunately little E got sick while visiting and we just found out he went home with a cold that turned into RSV. Poor little boy. We don't get to see them very often so having them here was super fun! Hopefully Easton will be healthy again soon:(

Because we had a busy weekend and already had our v-day gift I thought that was it for valentines day. However, Justin came home from work on Monday with flowers, chocolate, a cleaned out car and took me out to a yummy dinner at Chefs Table. Am I lucky or what?! I was totally surprised he went all out! I feel bad I didn't do a dang thing for him... I love that boy:)

As for my creative side... I finally finished a baby blanket I've been working on. It turned out pretty cute (as long as you don't look to closely). I'm not a great seamstress and this project took a lot of patience but I thought it would be fun to make my baby's first blanket. Thanks for guiding me through it Candice! It was a fun project.

5 comments:

Candice McWhorter said...

You did AWESOME on your quilt! I'm glad it turned out so amazing. You're a natural. Can't wait to hang out. and LOVE the new pics :)

Brandon and Jamie Smith said...

Anyone that brings me home chocolate has my heart! What fun surprises!!! Thanks so much for the fun time last weekend and for spending your V-Day weekend with us!! We had a great time!

Mimi said...

What a nice day! Congrats on the new bed! We bought a king sized Tempurpedic as our first piece of real un-used furniture after we got married. Best purchase ever! No price is too high for a good night's sleep. You'll especially appreciate it once the baby comes.

Your blanket is so cute! Great job!

Molly said...

What a sweet husband you have! I love your baby blanket! It looks awesome. Looks way more high tech than the baby blankets I make. And I love your new picture up top. You guys look like super models!

Mike and Melissa said...

Very crafty of you! It looks great!