Monday, January 6, 2014

Quick update...

Happy New Year 2014. I have pictures I need to post from Halloween, Paisleys 2nd birthday, new nieces and nephew, CamShans wedding, Thanksgiving and Christmas but I thought with the few minutes of quiet time I have right now I'd just do a quick post. Otherwise this stuff might never make it on here. 

We're excited to be expecting baby #3! I'm a little nervous to be out numbered but it will be great. I'm excited for the kids to have a baby in the house to love on. When we brought Paisley home as a newborn Beck really had no interest because he was still kind of a baby himself. This time around will be fun to watch. I love watching them with baby nieces and nephews. They are so sweet with them. Maybe too sweet at times. I've been really sick this pregnancy. I wasn't very sick with the first two so this is a whole new experience and it stinks. Especially because Beck and Paisley are so active and it's hard to keep up. I feel like a super bad mom these days and poor Justin has to pick up the slack... a lot of it. He's a good man. I'm also getting really fat really early haha. Below is a picture is me at eight weeks! I can hardly eat a thing yet I'm growing like a cow! I'm anxious to feel somewhat normal again. But I feel very blessed. 




Below is the latest family photo, taken with Justin's iphone. The last six months have been so busy we didn't have any family pictures taken. This was taken last week at the Ice Castles in Midway. We went with Oakley and Scotts little family and with some of their fun neighbors. It was cold. The kids loved it. They sang songs from the movie Frozen as we walked through. Oh and also licked everything. Paisleys poor little tongue got stuck for a couple of seconds on some ice and she cried for five minutes straight... but then got over it and continued licking everything again. The Ice castles are frozen fountains formed in tunnels and shapes created by a local artist. They light them up at night. It's really beautiful. The kids thought it was the coolest thing. After our trip there we grabbed dinner at a little chinese restaurant (our favorite Midway restaurant Tarahumara was closed) and then stopped to visit Justin's cousin Noelle and her family. We had a great time catching up with her. The kids loved playing with her kids, toys and cat "Pierre". Fun night.



Beck is now a big tough Sunbeam in the primary at church. He loved his first day but had a hard time letting me go. When the kids were asked what Heavenly Father gave us for Christmas, Beck raised his hand saying "me! pick me!!!" and shouted "Ninja Turtles!!!"as the answer. It was pretty funny.



Church is now at 1:00pm... which is nap time... Paisley needs her naps lol. Sundays are going to be rough this year. But she's such a cute little crier. Unlike her mommy. 



We're exited for a new year full of possibilities and a growing family. Life is hard but good. I'm trying harder than ever to enjoy the special little moments day to day and to stress less over dirty clothes and and crayon on the wall. I'm grateful for the blessing of family and for the wonderful gospel that guides our lives. Bring it on 2014!  

2 comments:

Whitney said...

CONGRATS on the pregnancy!!! What wonderful news. I totally know how you feel about gaining weight right away. I popped out so fast. At 20 weeks I looked like I was 30 weeks. Thankfully around 25 weeks I started slowing down lol. And I feel like a bad mom lately too. Trying to recover from a c section and take care of 3 kids is hard! Thank heavens for treats, tv, and my mom. Anyways, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Mimi said...

You're pregnant?!?!?!?!?! Yay!!! I'm so excited for you! Can't believe I had no idea -- it seems like news always travels fast in our family. But wow, I'm feeling for you. I was way more sick this pregnancy and it is SO hard with two active little kids to care for. You'll make it though! Hopefully you'll get past the sick phase soon. When are you due? XOXO