Monday, February 23, 2009

Travis...

This past Saturday Justin decided to go on a "guys day tip" out ice fishing with some friends from work. He had never been before and had a blast! He caught the first fish of the day measuring 15 inches long. I named the fish Travis the Trout. Justin came home with a terrible sunburn from sitting on the snow covered ice all day but said it was totally worth it. I was excited for his success but not excited to have a big dead fish in our sink for Justin to gut. He wanted to show me how it's done in case I ever have to "feed our family in the wilderness"... we will become vegetarians. All I know is that I walked into the kitchen to see a headless bloody fish. I wanted to barf. He was loving it. He cleaned it out and stuffed the poor thing with lemon and baked it. Dinner was served and to my surprise, it wasn't all that bad. Not great, but not bad.

1 comment:

Candice McWhorter said...

sure looks like a good manly day though!