Sunday, February 16, 2014

sunday blues...

Well with the new year came new things... One o'clock church being one of them. Unfortunately for us 1pm is nap time. Church is pretty rough. But we still go because it's the right thing to do... right?! I find myself looking for reasons to stay home every week and I hate it! Why am I so awful? Probably because I rarely hear a thing at church anymore and the goodness in me is slowly slipping away ha, ha. But in all seriousness, we go and it's fine. The kids are pretty crazy but so is every other toddler in the building and we do the best we can. Just like everyone else. I repeat in my head through most of sacrament meeting the words "It's good we're here. It's good we're here..." and it is. Occasionally I hear something that sticks and gosh darn it, sometimes it's what gets me through the week so we'll just fight through the fussiness (from the kids and from me) and the pretzel crumbs and the "church activities" I bring spread throughout the entire row (and sometimes the row behind us and in front of us). It's all good and everyone seems to understand.

Beck is now a SUN BEAM! I can't believe it. He's growing faster than a weed. He loves his "big kid" primary class but only if Justin or I go with him. I don't know if this is a normal three year old phase but he's struggling with a bad case of separation anxiety. He has a hard time being with out either Justin or I (mostly mommy). I think the fact that he's so tired during primary doesn't help. But he loves to raise his hand and answer questions in class (though his answers usually have nothing to do with the question asked) and loves to play and sit with the other kids. I can't say I don't kind of love watching him in there even though I try to get to class. He's pretty cute. His first day of primary the first counselor popped in to talk to the kids. He asked what Heavenly Father gave us for Christmas. Beck shot his hand in the air and yelled "oh meeee, I know!!!" and when called on Beck's answer was "ninja turtles and candy".

{Showing us his big sun beam muscles}


I thought Paisley would have a hard time flying solo in nursery once Beck moved up but she's fine. The first couple of weeks were rough but I think due more to being tired. Now she asks to go and practically runs there. Its a struggle for her to sit though the first hour of church knowing there are toys to be played with just down the hall. She loves it and is a tired mess once we buckle up for the one minute ride home. She is such a little ball of energy and loves playing with anything girly or messy she can get her hands on.
 {An after church melt down. Three candy corns just wasn't enough}

No comments: